[P1] Virtual Network Computing

Scott Warren sw at shelton.org
Fri Jul 23 11:53:37 PDT 2004

which linksys rouer is it?
Latest firmware?
Set for DMZ?
some linksys routers will only passthru port 1, are you in the 1st
ethernet port (assuming hub)
Is she also behind a router? (guessing no)

Saw some suggestions here:
http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/sutra191606.html
http://faq.gotomyvnc.com/cgi-bin/fom?_recurse=1&file=1#file_63

When troubleshooting an IRC issue with file transfers, I disovered I
could receive but not send files.  The odd thing was when I say send,
my computer sends a signal to the other computer and the other computer
actually initiates the transfer, thus it sees my computer based on the
router ip (66.225.##.##) and not as my computer IP (192.168.1.2) so the
connection was not made.  When they tried to send, the signal would
come thru to my client and it would connect with their system and send
the file.  I just found it odd that the transfers were initiated by
what I thought was the opposite computer.  Maybe this is the same
issue.