Recommendation on PowerBook purchase

Bob Gir. bobgir at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 23 20:36:29 PDT 2004

    I really hadn't looked at PowerBooks because of their expense.  My wife
was considering a G4 IBook 14" screen which would retail for $1,300 with a
1GHz processor.  40GB HD, 256M of ram.

    At SmallDog, found this sale on a G4 PowerBook

    http://www.smalldog.com/wag14620/atdealmacex#link_1

    DealMac Exclusive PowerBook 15in G4/1GHz 256/60/Combo/BT w/ an extra
PC2700 SO DIMM 512mb DDR 333 for free.  This one comes with

Slot-loading Combo (DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 with 64MB of DDR
SDRAM Built-in Bluetooth;  54-Mbps AirPort Extreme ready

    Am I nuts to pass this one up and go for the iBook instead???

    Thanks,
    bob