[P1] iBook electrical shock

Zathras' Lackey dreeser at loganet.net
Mon Jun 7 06:09:48 PDT 2004

Mine (900 G3) does the same.  Very mild shock but kind of startling.

On Jun 6, 2004, at 15:10, Samantha Packingham wrote:

> I noticed today, that when working with my iBook (dual USB) on my lap,
> it is shocking me when it is plugged in.
>
> This may have been going on for some time, I live in Michigan, and it
> is just getting warm enough to wear shorts.
>
> The shocks are coming from the four metal discs at the corners.  It
> goes away when I unplug the power source...but it just doesn't seem
> right.
>
> Has anyone experienced this?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Samantha

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I
thought, would it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible
things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now
I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the
universe."  -  Marcus Cole