Networking Across the Street

Dave Wyman davewyman at imountainman.com
Thu Jun 10 02:06:42 PDT 2004

Norm_M wrote:

> I have my main computer (iMac) and an iBook using airport connected to
> COMCAST. I use a router. COMCAST  Cable coming in goes to their modem,
> then to the router. I plug my imac into the router and my Airport base
> into the router.

Norm, I have a similar setup. However, since the Airport base station
IS a router, couldn't you skip a step and get rid of your separate
router, and plug your iMac directly into the base station? That's what
I've done - one airport card in my iBook so I can go wireless, and my
daughter's iBook (or any other computer) connected by an ethernet cable
into the base station's LAN port.

Dave
--
http://www.davewyman.com
http://www.idrivebackroads.com (Guidebook to Northern California)

This mail is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are
to be considered flaws or defects.