[P1] iBook electrical shock - update

Samantha Cornell samantha at netresults.biz
Thu Jun 10 16:23:11 PDT 2004

I decided to take a chance, and send it to ServiceNet for repair.  I
haven't had good experiences with ServiceNet the past two times, but
you know what they say, the third time's a charm... that, and my
service contract expires in August, so it seemed prudent to send it in.

Anyway, hours before the shipping box arrived, I restarted the iBook
(500 - Dual USB)...and it failed to boot.  Two days later, it still
won't boot.  When I depress the power button, the iBook makes some
normal sounds, the harddrive spins for a briefly, then there is a soft
"click" and all sounds stop, as does the startup process.

This happened before, last summer actually.  I sent the iBook in for
repair, they said they fixed the logic board, but within days the
problem resurfaced.  It sat on my shelf for about two months ( I have
an iMac G4 as well), and when I decided to send it in again, it was
working fine.  I don't turn it off often, preferring the "comfort" of
the sleep mode, but outside of a few scares (it turned on after 2-3
tries) all has been fine.

Does anyone have any insight?  Could this be a seasonal (heat,
humidity) kind of thing?  It would seem not, but right now I'm open to
anything...

Also, does anyone know of a successful way to deal with ServiceNet?
Any other experiences out there?

Thanks!

Samantha