[P1] Battery performance with age

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Sat Jun 12 19:42:21 PDT 2004

> That got me wondering how long a typical iBook battery will last, what
> experiences others have had, and if there's a preferred replacement
> battery for the G3 iceBook models.

I can tell you that the battery that shipped with my Key Lime iBook
(different model, I know) lasted a good three years of constant use
(charged and discharged fully perhaps three times a week) before it
started to lose its' charge. Been using OS X on it since it was out of
beta.

(The one that shipped with my Tangerine iBook lasted longer than that
-- though my Father-in-Law had been using it for the past several
years, and I don't know what his habits are.)

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net
http://www.redjacketpress.com