[P1] FCE movie in progress

Gary joehardy at mac.com
Sun Jun 13 22:22:34 PDT 2004

On 6/13/04 9:39 PM, "Ken Johnson" <kr-johnson at comcast.net> wrote:

> Great job!!   What type of camera did you use to shoot this?
>
> Ken

I used my trusty Canon ZR-20 video camera and the stills were shot with a
Kodak DX 3900 camera.

The whole final movie will also include some footage of my high school, the
houses we lived in while I was growing up and some garden footage from my
parents' home. I only get home usually at Christmas when there's snow (lots
of snow), so I wanted to both capture some childhood memories and also show
my southern friends that, yes, we do have beaches up north!  :)

I'm taking advantage of the FCE's ability to edit in sequences and then
combine the sequences into a final project.  So I'll do the high school and
home stuff and the intro in a separate sequence and be able to concentrate
on making it look good.

My concept - at the moment - is to open with footage I shot in 2002 of the
beaches at Gulf Shores, Alabama, one of my favorite vacation places, then
with intro titles explaining that, yes, the Gulf is nice, but let me show
you the beaches that I grew up with.

I'm really impressed with how well FCE 2 works on my G4 iBook. Even editing
on battery power at a local bookstore/café, I found it very fast and
efficient to use.

Gary
--
http://homepage.mac.com/joehardy