[P1] OT: No attachments to Windoze box

Signhelpers.com mike at signhelpers.com
Wed Jun 16 06:47:30 PDT 2004

>Does he use AOL?  I have had problems sending attachments to AOL users:
>- Multiple attachments do not go thru, something about AOL from what
>I can tell

Not AOL. Charter.

>Windows users in general also suffer from "lack of ext" where I make
>a word doc on my Mac, call it "The 2004 budget" and send it to them.
>The file does not get the ".doc" that windows looks for, and thus
>can not open the doc file with the correct program.

I include the .pdf extension.

>If you are using Panther and Mail.app, I got this from the help file:
>	?	To make files you attach to all outgoing messages
>"Windows-friendly," choose

This could be helpful if there were some criteria for "Windoze
friendly". I've been unwilling to part with old friend Eudora for
Mail. (Tried it a while back. Didn't like it. Didn't want the pain of
dealing with all my addresses and message filters getting screwed
around. But I digress...)

So the question is: What settings in Eudora will make for "Windoze
friendly" attachments?

Thanks for the input.

--
Signhelpers.com