[P1] Quiet?

RP McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Mon Jun 21 14:43:35 PDT 2004

On 21/6/04 10:20 pm, "albookuser at Phreaker.net" <albookuser at Phreaker.net>
wrote (in part):

> So is the list quiet or am I somehow lost?

I think all of the lists are very quiet right now, must be summer? Also (and
of more importance :)  ) the Euro 2004 football games are on...

> And to make my post worthwhile, for the iBook G4 users, what are your
> thoughts...particularly those of you who had a dual G3 iBook and moved up? I
> have two friends who are undecided between a 14 inch iBook and 12 inch
> PowerBook.

I had a G3 700 MHz (640 MB RAM) and the wife recently bought a G4 1 GHz (256
MB RAM) both using 10.3.4, the difference was definitely noticeable in terms
of iTunes and other apps that were quite slow on the 700 in comparison even
with the large RAM differences.

I would imagine that the difference is more of a space issue for screen real
estate? 14 being better but only at the cost of weight and portability and
the 12 being light, portable and can be used on airplanes without having to
rip the seat out in front of you...of course with less space for showing the
screen items...

HTH,

Richard