[P1] Prolonging Battery Life

Reid Conti rconti at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 18:26:25 PDT 2004

I've had bad luck on my ibook 600's batteries..

My first one started off pulling about 4 hours, and was at 2 hours in
about a year and a half.  I was using it, for the most part, in a full
charge-discharge cycle.  My second battery lasted about a year until
it got to the sub-2hr range, by leaving it plugged in ALL the time,
but with the battery attached.

About to buy a third.

I guess I'll leave the battery out when it's plugged in -- but it was
my understanding that the laptop cut off the charging circuit at 95%+
so you never had to worry about leaving it plugged in?

Is it ok to take the battery off while the unit is plugged in (but not
charging)?

as for the sleep-before-warning problem, I don't know.  My second
battery started doing that recently, and I went thru the
charge-discharge, pram reset, and all kinds of crap.. nothing has
solved it, it still does that.  grr... must get applecare next time
(yes, I intended on getting it for this one, but there was a
miscommunication.. grr)

- reid