Prolonging Battery Life

Dave Wyman davewyman at imountainman.com
Mon Jun 21 21:52:31 PDT 2004

On Jun 21, 2004, at 9:20 PM, iBook List wrote:

> Do *not* keep the battery installed with the laptop plugged in
> continuously
> as this will decrease life span significantly (actually this is
> probably the
> quickest way to decrease the life span). It will start a very short
> cycle of
> charging and discharging and eventually you will only have 10-15 min
> life on
> the battery.

I haven't had this problem. If the battery is continuously plugged in,
is there a very short cycle of charging and discharging? My battery
level indicator never varies from showing a 99% charge when I keep it
plugged in. (Of course, with my new wireless capability, I'm composing
this e-mail sitting on my couch, on battery power.)

Often when I travel with my iBook I don't need a battery - I'm going to
use my car charger or will have an electrical outlet. I wish there was
a battery compartment cover that didn't include the battery! That would
save a significant amount of weight.

Dave
--
http://www.davewyman.com
http://www.idrivebackroads.com (Guidebook to Northern California)

This mail is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are
to be considered flaws or defects.