iBook optical drives - building an upgrade knowledge base

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Thu Jun 24 06:42:11 PDT 2004

Hi folks, this is just a quick request for info about _your_ iBook's
optical drive.

Can you take a moment and open System Profiler, copy the info about your
machine model, plus the optical drive info, and paste that into a reply
either here or directly to me (or both :-) at

macdan at comcast dot net

I'm especially interested in the cd-rw, dvd-rom, and combo trayload
mechanisms installed into iBook models from the clamshells up to the last
of the G3s. I'm building a knowledge base to facilitate optical drive
upgrades. I've already published a similar page about PB expansion bay
module upgrades <http://mywebpages.comcast.net/macdan/ebms.html>

Many TIA,

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/