[P1] iBook rises from the Dead!

Joe Roberts joereform at mac.com
Fri Jun 25 10:23:15 PDT 2004

When you mean "Software install CD," do you mean the Mac OS 9 install
CD?  If you re-installed the system software from the CD, there might
have been some kind of corruption in those "bootstrap" files that you
never see but are oh-so-important in getting your Mac to launch.  A
re-install would have taken care of fixing that problem.

By the way, did you ever try copying your old hard drive by attaching
it to another FireWire Mac and starting the iBook up in Target Disk
Mode?

--Joe!