Prolonging Battery Life

Tom Burke tom_burke at mac.com
Sat Jun 26 00:23:36 PDT 2004

I think that's pretty typical of what can happen. There's no real
connection between the battery-life-remaining figure and the actual
state of the battery; the computer just gets a 'charge indication' from
the battery and works out some sort of 'life remaining' time from
computed algorithms. If the battery is going to lose charge very
quickly then that figure can be way out, just as yours was.

Did the displayed 'time remaining' figure reduce very quickly along
with the battery charge, or was it still at a high figure (1 hour or
so) when the battery died?

Tom Burke