MacWorld Boston

jswartz at mitre.org jswartz at mitre.org
Sun Jun 27 18:06:31 PDT 2004

As someone who lives near Boston, but doesn't regularly soak up the
nightlife, I'm only partially qualified to answer, but here goes...

1.  First on the recommendations for MIT (my alma mater) and the Museum
of Science - ditto that.  The new building at MIT is an interesting
sight, and the Science Museum has great stuff - you might want to check
out an Omni Theater show at the Musuem.  Both are readily accessible (as
is most of Boston) from the subway system (the "T").

2.  Apple Store is in Cambridge (as is MIT) - at the Cambridgeside
Galleria (just down the street from the Sciencem Museum) - lots of
shopping there and too.  Another good shopping area is at the Prudential
Center.

3.  Lots of shopping and food to be found at Fanuel Hall/Quincy Market.
Also a cool area if you have the time is Harvard Square in Cambridge -
lots of shops and restaurants, and some folk and jazz clubs.

4.  The Public Gardens (near the Boston Common) is nice and has the
famous swan boat rides.

5.  I've never been, but the Boston Duck Tours are a very popular way to
tour the city.

Hope that helps,

John