(OT) ATA PCI card installation

Jim Shimozawa kotonk2 at mac.com
Sat Mar 6 05:55:58 PST 2004

Today I put a new PCI card (Ultra ATA 133/100 Pro from SIIG) in my AGP
G4 tower (upgraded with Sonnet 1Ghz) running System 10.3.2
I then connected both my internal hard drives (ATA Western Digital 120g
- master and ATA Maxtor 40g slave) to this card.
I was surprised to see that when I ran System Profile both of my drives
show up under SCSI, not ATA. Under PCI/AGP Cards, the new card shows up
as card 'ACARD,6280M' type 'scsi', Bus 'PCI'. Is this right? Did I
install this card correctly? Did it break the 137GB barrier? Is it
supporting data transfer rates up to 133MB/sec now?
Thanking you all Mac experts in advance.
Jim