[P1] OT: Setting up Public Wi-Fi

B G briang113 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 21:33:52 PST 2004

The law varies by state, here in CA they have a law on
the books that makes it illegal, I think they have it
mostly for people who commit real seriuos crime at the
same time, IE ID theft fraud etc.

I don't think they really want the guy who is
retrieving his email.

 --- Nikon's World <nikon80x at mac.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, March 11, 2004, at 10:15  AM, Scott
> Warren wrote:
> > I was surprised when I looked into current
> legislation and active laws
> > about computers... Just connecting to someone's
> computer or network
> > device with out permissions is illegal, even if
> you do not do anything
> > malicious.
>

>  From what I read, it is not illegal to connect to
> someone's network.
>
> http://www.ecomputerlaw.com/computerlaw.htm
>

> 700MHz iBook running 10.2.8
> Macs for life!
> http://homepage.mac.com/nikon80x/Menu2.html

> <ibook-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <ibook-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> ----------
> Small Dog Electronics    http://www.smalldog.com   |
> Enter To Win A |
>   --  Canon Digital Camcorders start at $799       |
>  Free iBook!   |
>
> iBookPlanet.com |  Visit iBookPlanet.com for the
> hottest
>                 |  iBook News, Features, Reviews &
> More.
>
>    RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail
> stores, $20 Traveler
>   CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at
> <http://roadtools.com>
>
> MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook
> 3400/200 Only $879!
> Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS!
<http://www.macresq.com>

=====
Brian
Personal Email briang113 at yahoo.com