[P1] iBook decision - 900MHz G3 vs. current models?

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Sun Mar 14 18:11:21 PST 2004

On Mar 14, 2004, at 4:42 PM, Leo Mulvihill wrote:

> What does that say about Apple's quality control...... Get the 900
> G3.. I just bought one and the vendors extended warranty was much
> better and much less than Apple Care

"Better than Apple Care?"  When I had my TiBook fixed, they
picked it up on Tuesday and dropped it off fixed on Thursday.
Your guys must fly a tech in to your home and set you up
with a hot date while he's working.

As for your question, a single instance shows . . . nothing.
You need a larger sample to determine anything about the
underlying distribution of defective machines.

However, I agree that the newest machine isn't for everyone.  If
you don't need the extra speed, then you might want to spend the
extra $450 on something else.  For example, if a machine is only
used for web browsing, editing, etc., then the G3 will be as good
as the G4.  If you plan on doing video editing or lots of stuff
with Photoshop or something like that--get the G4.

Good luck in any event.

	Mike Beede