[P1] weird Safari?

Jean-Paul Thuot jeanpaul at zhenwu.org
Thu Mar 18 03:12:10 PST 2004

On 18/03/2004, at 4:54, Don Hinkle wrote:

> My wifi connection is ON, and the Mail program is working fine.
> BUT, Safari just goes into an endless gear-whirling thing when I try
> to select any URLs.
> Any idea why?

I too have had nothing but hassles with Safari.  I was so excited to
use something not Microsoft and not bloated Netscape for my first foray
into Macintosh.  However, Safari does this same thing to me endlessly,
taking minutes to load (if at all) where IE:Mac will load in seconds.

I have checked for corrupted pref files, and repaired permissions till
the cows came home (how they found MY home I'll never know!) to no
avail.

If anyone has insight into this issue I'd be very glad, because all
I've ever heard is great things about
Safari that have yet to prove themselves on my machine (G3 dual USB).

Jean-Paul