[P1] iBook Dilemma

May Hall tsaf at chibardun.net
Thu Mar 18 12:54:40 PST 2004

> All in all, I think the combo drive is
> worth the $100 or so extra that Apple charges for it.
>
> I purchased the 14 inch 933 MHz model, and upgraded to a 60 GB hard
> drive.  I like to have space, and have also experienced firsthand
the
> same situation you described with your 3 GB drive - hard drives seem
> spacious at first, but tend to fill up faster than you expect!  I
don't
> see the usefulness in paying for the 1 GHz processor model, though.
> It's such a slight difference in speed compared to the 933 that I
> couldn't justify it at all.

Thanks, Mike.
It seems that our minds are running up the same street. I just read
the reviews in MacWorld for the G4 iBooks and your setup is the one
that I have pretty much landed on.  They concur with you about the
upgrade to the 60 GB hard drive and that the cost of the 1 GHz
processor isn't worth it.

Now....where did you order yours from?

May