[P1] favourite email app?

Stan Marks swmarks at allvantage.com
Sun Mar 21 05:36:06 PST 2004

on 3/21/04 5:26 AM, Glenn R. Fong at fongg at t-bird.edu wrote:

> ... the crucial decision for me to go with Entourage was that it could easily
> import my Outlook Express mail while Mail could not.

I don't know about Outlook Express, since I quit using it once I transferred
everything over to Entourage, but I do know that Mail will import
Entourage's mail files, if somewhat indirectly. (There are a couple of steps
to go through. Check the help files for a better explanation.)

> I've since come to appreciate Entourage's integrated Address Book and
> especially Calendar features.

Yes, and there are other, subtle, things that I like about Entourage, as
well. For instance, I haven't found a way in Mail to forward a message
without quoting the message. Entourage does allow for that. (Don't ya hate
getting those "FWD:FWD:FWD" messages that have been quoted so many times
that the text is almost unreadable? ;)

Stan