[P1] airport base station problem

Dan Farley danfarley at mac.com
Mon Mar 22 15:13:59 PST 2004

You can find a site that details how to inspect your unit to see if it's the
capcitors in question. Basically they are bulged out at the top instead of
flat so you can 'see' the problem. I fixed mine following the instructions
for about $2.00 in parts and another $5 for some supplies. Have had no
problems since. Not being a circuit board wizard next time I'd buy the parts
print the instructions and take them with the circuit board to an
electronics repairman.

Then again - with alternative wireless basestations approaching $30 to $40 -
I'd probably just junk it and move on.

Go to <www.macintouch.com> and go to their wireless special report for an
update on the current state of the art/inexpensive models and reviews.

Good Luck
Dan