[P1] Firewire HD addition for iBooks

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Tue Mar 23 12:12:49 PST 2004

Am 23/3/04 12:12 pm schrieb "Alexandre Leroux" unter <alexandre at leroux.net>:

> Does these make a lot of noise? I remember my good old G3 Beige making
> airplane-class noise, I do not want adding an HD I'll regret!
>
> Thanks for any feedback,

Sorry for the first email, too quick on the send button.

One thing to consider is the speed of the drive itself. I would suggest
considering a 5400 rpm drive instead of a 7200 rpm drive because of the
noise and heat differences. Some of the earlier FW enclosures were actually
a problem if you put a 7200 rpm drive in them.

>From experience, my subjective opinion is that 5400 drives are quieter than
the 7200 models.

Cheers,

Richard