[P1] Rarest clamshell - key lime?

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Sat Mar 27 13:29:01 PST 2004

> I've been watching eBay for the last generation clamshells and saw an
> auction for a lime one which stated that only 1000 were produced.  Is
> this
> true?  What about the Indigo models?

While I can't state this with any factual information to back me up --
don't believe this for a moment. This iteration of iBooks was available
worldwide for a good while, during which Apple probably sold several
thousands (thousand-s) of each model.

Assuming it isn't meant to be deliberately misleading, the seller's
confusion may be misunderstanding that this model was only available
from the Apple Store.

> I'd like to get my hands on a mint key lime anyway (466) as they look
> ultra
> cool and yummy.

They are. I couldn't even begin to think of parting with mine!

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net