How to backup for reinstall?

Guy McMickle fieroguy2m6 at fuse.net
Tue Mar 30 10:35:13 PST 2004

List,

The HDD in my iBook is having a problem that keeps happening.
Basically when I reboot the machine it can't find the startup disk.
After booting from the Panther CD and running disk utility, it can
usually boot.  I've run Techtool Pro 4 and it keeps giving me errors
that it can't fix under "Volumes".  I think I just need to wipe the
disk and start clean.  My question is, does backing up the "Library"
folder backup all my internet settings, email, etc.?  It's gonna suck
to have to reinstall all my applications, but I want to back things up
now while I still have the chance.

Thanks,

Guy