[P1] touchpad too sensitive on yours like mine? (ibook

uxbridge at spamcop.net uxbridge at spamcop.net
Wed Mar 31 00:34:41 PST 2004

> I have that selected, but the mouse still jumps around when I type,
> even if I'm careful.
> I have had the same issue on my G3/800 and now on my G4/800.

> I was going to say that as well. I have it checked on my ibook g3
> 700mhz and it still jumps around.
> I've resorted to plugging in my logitech optical usb mouse when
> it's home to stop it when I type.

I am having the same problem with my G4/800 and as I had it before with two
different 1400s I know it must be me (although I never had it my my company
laptop, which is a Sony Vaio).

I thought it might be because the pad my fingers might not be perfectly clean -
I tend to sweat and I bite my nails - but it still happens after I clean the
pad, and wash my hands. At some point, the cursor goes crazy, it moves even if
I move my finger a few millimeters over the pad, and this behaviour stops
(sometimes) if i touch the pad in two different places at once of if i make
rapid circles on it.I know I do charge with static electricity, though, aas I
often have ssmall electrical shocks when touching my car or somebody else, and
I have rather warm hands. Could it be this? I do not know.

The Apple support page says in these cases a "teflon sticker" over the pad might
help, but I have no idea on where to get it, especially in Italy.

Cesare