Ibook G4: Trackpad acting up.

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Sun May 2 00:22:35 PDT 2004

Hello people, long time no see.

We have gotten my wife a new iBook G4 around xmas. It is working very well,
wifey is a bit lazy in the reboot department and when problems arise, a
simple "uptime" check (best so far 38 days :)  and a reboot fixes it all ...

But for 4 days now something new crept up and I am clueless:

The trackpad stops responding after several hours of flawless functioning. A
pattern has yet to emerge, so far I keep saying that she plays way too much
rocketmania.

Interesting observation: when that happens and I plug in a usb mouse, the
mousepointer is moving again, but trackpad is not coming back. Also, the
fact that trackpad comes back after reboot lets me guess its more a
software/OS topic than a hardware issue ...

Though still under warranty, if it is an hardware issue, we are in trouble
as we are back in  Fiji now and getting stuff fixed is tricky.

Has anyone heard of this before? I checked the apple support boards ... But
could not find it.

Thanks