OT - 2.4 ghz phones/Airport interference

David Crump davecrump at mac.com
Sun May 2 11:42:55 PDT 2004

>Are the 2.4 ghz cordless phones a real problem with Airport? Any
>workarounds other than wires or the alternate bands?
>
>Thanks.

I use my original iBook with 802.11b airport card with a Belkin 802.11g router.  I have one 900MHz phone and one 2.4GHz phone.  I've never had any noticeable problems with the airport (except noticing in the menu bar indicator that my reception has dropped to half at times for some unknown reason).  I have, however, noticed problems with the phone.  The 900MHz one works all the time.  The 2.4GHz one will now cut out on me fairly frequently for no apparent reason.  I am assuming this is due to the wireless router, as it didn't happen before, and it only affects the 2.4GHz phone.  We're thinking that we'll have to replace the 2.4GHz one with another 900MHz one.  I guess I should try changing the channels around and see if that helps.
Dave.