[P1] Panther/HP JetDirect printing

Brian briang113 at pacbell.net
Mon May 3 10:50:24 PDT 2004

Is the printer Mac compatible?  Are you using IP printing or HP
jetdirect in the printer setup.
Does it actually find the printer or do you have to do it manually?

The jetdirect 300x is technically not totally OS X compatible. HP has
great Mac tech support.
I have used them many times, but since you are not using an HP printer
I don't know if they can help. I am using a jetdirect with an HP
printer but there are some color sync issues. HP says I need to upgrade
the print server but the problems aren't that serious (IE not worth
spending the money),

Good luck
BG

On May 3, 2004, at 6:32 AM, Signhelpers.com wrote:

> My wife's office has a Windoze network with a Lanier(Ricoh)
> copier/printer. An HP JetDirect 300 box communicates with the network.
>
> When I log my iBook G3 (10.26) on the the network and try to print
> it's a mess. Either nothing or garbage. Any suggestions? Will Panther
> fix this kind of problem? The driver is a PCL 6. whatever that means.
>
> Thanx.
>

> --
> Signhelpers.com
> Mike Urseth
> P.O. Box 237
> Ridgeland WI 54763
> 715-837-1120

> <ibook-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <ibook-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> ----------
>  --  Canon Digital Camcorders start at $799       |  Free iBook!   |

>                |  iBook News, Features, Reviews & More.
>
>   RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20
> Traveler  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at
> <http://roadtools.com>

> <http://www.macresq.com>

Brian G
Personal Mail