[P1] Panther printing

Eric Richardson lbyron at comcast.net
Tue May 4 16:43:54 PDT 2004

I think that what I was asking is to go the other way, to use my Mac
on a network of PC's to access a printer connected to a PC with
printer sharing turned on. That printer can be accessed by anyone on
the network but not by a Macintosh using anything up to Jaguar. I was
told about 7 or 8 months ago that that problem would be solved with
Panther. I haven't had the need to try again until now. Does anyone
know if that projection was fulfilled, that a Mac could access a
printer being shared off a connection to a PC?

GIMP Print is an opensource print driver. You can get it at
sourceforge.net. That is a different issue. As I understand it,
having GIMP Print on your macintosh should allow you to connect to
and print from many, many different printers if you have the
appropriate connectors. How do you use it?

Eric