new iBook

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Thu May 6 12:28:00 PDT 2004

Hi all - I've just gotten a new iBook (whee!) and its the first time
since around '98 that I haven't been desktop-bound. I'm still 80%
desktop, 20% mobile, and trying to figure out how to make the work
process go well and figure out how to take care of the iBook. Hence a
couple of questions:

1) What's a good program or method for keeping the iBook sync'd with
the desktop environment. I looked on VersionTracker, and there's a
boat-load of programs that seem to be designed for this purpose. Any
hints on which one would be a good place to start?

2) I was reading the Getting Started manual (I know, what a dork ;)
and saw where it said to "never put anything on the keyboard" because
it can mash keys down and mess things up. However, I've had several
people tell me to be sure to buy a screen protector or at least stick a
piece of plastic between the keyboard and screen to keep the keyboard
from scarring the screen.  Any thoughts on the best way to handle that?

Thanks,
Steve