[P1] Thuraya?

David Harris dmichaelharris at earthlink.net
Thu May 6 20:09:32 PDT 2004

On May 6, 2004, at 3:42 AM, Christopher Hack wrote:

> A long shot, but I have tried all the other lists...  Has anyone any
> experience of, or heard of, connecting an ibook to a Thuraya satellite
> phone. The supplied software is only for PCs, and I can't get my ibook
> (G3
> 800, OSX10.2.8) to see the phone, nor know if I can download a driver
> from
> somewhere. Thanks, in advance.  Chris

Hi:

How do you connect your iBook to the phone?  Do you run a standard
connection from the phone?  Or are you attaching it to a port via USB
or Firewire?  Or are you using an ethernet connection?  Is this phone
attached to a hub?

If you are trying to"see the phone"  you may want to check out your
modem settings.  While I've never set up a satellite phone before, you
may need to network it.  Go into Systems Preferences and check the
settings for your modem.

David