[P1] external monitor with closed lid on ibook G3

Scott Warren sw at shelton.org
Fri May 7 07:03:31 PDT 2004

Just thinking out loud, and I am one to use laptops with the lid
closed, but I have to wonder:  With my iBook, there are times where the
hard drive (left side of the touch pad) gets really hot.  With the lid
laid closed, I am curious if the plastic LCD screen, over time, might
start to show effects from the heat since it does not take much heat
for plastic to show effects....  Nope, I have not done research into it
to see if there might be any truth to this (soon to be myth?) thought!