[P1] [OFF] Re: [P1] email assurance replies spam

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun May 9 04:41:17 PDT 2004

Am 9/5/04 9:48 am schrieb "Tom R. no spam" unter <tr5374 at csc.albany.edu>:

> I was reading
> recently about proposals for stopping spam and one seems to
> be to force everyone to use and cooperate with such like
> call-back approval to be able to email.  So I figured I'd
> post and maybe get some sample of local opinions.

Let's hope such a 'call back' system doesn't win favour! That message
irritates beyond what 'normal' spam does (at least in my opinion).

Besides creating monstrous amounts of extra traffic it seems a great way to
'harvest' as well.

I personally would hope that extra effort towards education and awareness
over time to all internet users would help promote responsible usage
(sending, receiving, opening, etc..) of email to a large degree (Knowledge
is power)....for the criminal element, well they will always be present and
work around any system with time.

My 2 cents worth...

Cheers,

Richard