Sharing removable media

Jonathan Fletcher jfletch at aye.net
Tue May 11 06:26:28 PDT 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004 15:07:12 -0400, Alexandre Leroux
<alexandre at leroux.net> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'd like to share over our airport network a firewire disk I recently
> bought. The Powerbook sees my iBook, but only the main HD (and a
> specific home folder), it does not see the external HD. Trying to use
> an alias does not work. Appletalk active on both sides. I guess it's
> easy to do this but Apple's help left me clueless ! Thanks !! :-)
>
> By the way, I bought the HD case on eBay, less than 40$, dual firewire
> and a USB 2 port. Works great. I now feel better with 180 gigs to play
> with ! :-)
>
> A!ex :-)

Get SharePoints on VersionTracker.

<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12512>

Apple ought to just buy it and roll it into OS X, but since it's free,
I guess it's just knowing where to look. It makes no sense whatsoever
not to have it if you're in OS X. Gives you lost OS 9 sharing
functionality and then some.

--
Jonathan Fletcher
jfletch at newmediaconstco.com