scanner advice

walter wbp at tesco.net
Fri May 14 08:46:27 PDT 2004

Hello again, listers,

thanks so much for all your advice and helpful links. Sorry if I asked
a question that was too obvious. I'll follow up all the links and bear
your advice firmly in mind, in particular the one about removable
cards. I'm based in the UK, and I've noticed that we don't get all the
models you folks get out there (I compared the two amazon sites, for
instance), but basically there is always a very close alternative. I
like the look of the Nikon Coolpix 5700 a lot, btw.

I'll certainly take along my laptop when I buy my camera - I'll also
look at PC World, given that they sell iBooks, cameras and scanners
under one roof...

Thanks a million!

Walter