[P1] scanner advice needed

Harry D. Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Sun May 16 10:46:50 PDT 2004

On May 16, 2004, at 10:59 AM, Pam Sorooshian wrote:

> I did read this a couple of days ago. But System requirements listed
> on the website for the Canoscans are:
> 	• 	Mac OS X v10.1.3 to v 10.2.x: 128MB RAM
> 	• 	 Mac OS X v 10.1.x to v 10.2.x: 128MB RAM (Classic Mode);
> 	• 	 Mac OS 9.1-9.x: 128MB RAM
> 	• 	 USB Port
>
> Which means not compatible with OS X 10.3.x, I would think.
>
> Are you using a Canoscan with 10.3.x and had no problems?

I think this is a case of the requirements being written before Panther
came out. There is info about Panther on their web site, and I use a
Canoscan FB630U on my 15" AlBook with 10.3.3. It does require importing
from within Adobe Photoshop (I'm not sure about the version) or
Photoshop Elements 2.0. I use the latter.

Regards,

Harry Corsover

     Harry Corsover, Independent Business Owner
	CyberWize: The Home Business Solution
	Amazing Travel * Health * Tax Benefits
            <http://www.hc.cyberwize.com>
       <harry at corsazzi.com> * 877-507-9562