OT: Digital Camera repairs

David Crump davecrump at mac.com
Fri May 28 16:18:09 PDT 2004

Sorry for the off topic post, but I was wondering if anyone knew a good online source for digital camera repair information.
My wife recently dropped my Canon S40 and now it can't see through it's lens.  The LCD is fine for viewing pictures on the card, but just diplays a black screen in photo mode.  It's like the iris isn't open, but maybe the CCD is wrecked.  I know it will probably cost as much as a new camera to repair, so I'm tinkering with it myself to see if it is something simple.  I've got it partially apart, but thought I'd check some online sources for help.  I know you can find take apart manuals for ibooks, so I thought there may be something similar for cameras.