[P1] iBook Repair, Again, and Again and Again!

David Harris dmichaelharris at earthlink.net
Fri May 28 21:20:20 PDT 2004

On May 28, 2004, at 1:46 PM, geno at barbaloot.com wrote:

> Mine is at apple right now for the 3rd time. Logic board first time.
> Then Kernel
> panics the second time. 3rd time no apps will open, but iTunes will.
> But when
> importing a CD in iTunes it crashes. It is also a 900MHz Combo 12".
> And from
> the day I got it has run slower then my old tangerine clamshell iBook.
> It's
> driving me CRAZY!

Hi:

My iBook 900 Mhz combo drive has been to Apple Support once.
Everything checked out.  I am running 10.3.4 now and have not had any
problems since updating to Panther.  Even then, I still use my
refurbished iBook 700 Mhz cd rom.

The best thing that I can say about the G3 iBook is that it is more
affordable than the G4.  Powerbook G4s also have a latch problem that,
if I remember correctly affect the laptop's ability to sleep and
shorten the life of the battery.  It doesn't have the speed.  It
doesn't burn DVDs.   And the G3 iBook is a sensitive piece of
equipment.  I have found that handling the iBook needs a lot of TLC.

David