Re: [iBook] 10.3.6 -> updating problems

Gregory Martinez gregmartinez at mac.com
Sun Nov 7 09:16:44 PST 2004

Waiting at least a week or two would be wise with any OS update, to see
what bugs may appear. Also, there is always a possibility of conflicts
with any 3rd party programs you may have installed.

That being said, it would be wise to fix permissions prior to and then
after updating. If you have DiskWarrior, run it prior to and after
installing (or at least run Disk Utility repair from the system CD or
another volume). Also, using the larger combo updater (available on the
Apple download site) is always preferable.
---
====================================
WARNING: Regarding any hardware &/or software  advice that I give, your
mileage may vary. You are at your own risk if you follow, or attempt to
follow, any computer &/or software advice that I give.
Greg Martinez
gregmartinez at mac.com
iMac 17" G4, 1GHz, OS 10.3.5, 768 MB RAM.
iBook 12" G4, 800MHz, OS 10.3.5, 640 MB RAM.