[iBook] Does anyone have an iBook that smells?

Jonathan Fletcher jfletch at aye.net
Mon Nov 8 19:24:17 PST 2004

Mine smelled, too. Until Apple replaced it.

My iBook 600 was almost to the end of AppleCare and I sent it to Apple
complaining about the smell. It has also had some wake-from-sleep
issues, but the SMELL was what really bothered me. You can call it
cumin, I (well, my wife really) called it Body Odor!

When it came back from Apple it had a new motherboard, hard drive and
one or two other things, but the same old keyboard. (Later I found out
the smell problem really is the keyboard.) But the hard drive was dead.
I called them back and was firm about having too many repairs on this
thing.

So I ended up being the first kid on my block to have a brand new
1.2Gig G4 iBook with a 60 GB drive and Airport Extreme, courtesy of the
nice people at Apple. Suffice it to say I am very pleased with Apple
now. Well, that and the stock price. SWEET!

I guess it goes without saying: YMMV!

jonathan

--
Jonathan Fletcher