[iBook] Audio input on Graphite 366/SE

Tom Karlen tkarlen at appleisp.net
Tue Nov 9 17:04:26 PST 2004

Greetings;

My daughter was happily using a Clamshell 366 at college,  upgraded
with 20G HD and 512 M RAM,  OS 10.3,  until she tried an audio chat
with iChat.  No internal mike and no audio in port.  I was initially
stumped, until I remembered I had this USB dongle buried in the bottom
of a drawer.  I think it was made by Griffin. It looks to be switchable
between mike in and speaker out.  It seems like a possible solution.
Has anyone had success with this and the Clamshells?  TIA.   Feel free
to reply offline if I am flogging an oft-discussed horse.

TK

Tom Karlen
macuser at appleisp.net
http://www.appleisp.net/~tkarlen