[iBook] insomniac iceBook

Benjamin Kennedy bjkennedy at mac.com
Wed Nov 10 16:10:40 PST 2004

Mine (600mhz late 2001) doesn't stay asleep if there's a Logitech mouse
plugged in (maybe other mice too... that's all I've tried it with)...
Logitech blames Apple, Apple blames logitech... I've never found a fix
in two years except to unplug the mouse when I want to let the computer
sleep. I got a replacement Logitech mouse (different model) and the
problem persisted. I asked apple if there was a chance it was a logic
board/IO bezel problem and they said there's no chance. Whatever. I'd
buy another brand mouse, but I live in Japan, and Logitech (though it's
called Logicool here) is absolutely dominant. Even the Apple Store
doesn't sell Kensington here.

I guess the point is, make sure you have no USB devices plugged in, in
case that's the cause.

Ben