[iBook] Re: Freezing & Sleeping Problems (Issue Resolved)

Tom Meade tomnet at gte.net
Wed Nov 17 16:13:45 PST 2004

Hello again - I promised to post outcome - so here's what happened:

Apple Tech sent a box and the 5 mo. old 14" White iBook 1.2MHz
was delivered back by Airborne in LESS THAN 2 days with new
main logic board. It still froze. The Apple Tech was baffled, but
then asked if there were anything non stock. He suggested I pull the
dealer installed promo RAM stick. That was it. Now the book snapped
to life at lift of the lid. I'm on the hook for the $49 as it wasn't (Apple)
hardware problem after all. Apparently the repair depot doesn't test
outgoing units consistently and may not check the RAM, although
the tech said it is sometimes returned with the laptop in a bag. The
dealer swapped the stick i handed in (lifetime warranty) and muttered
something about giving me Apple certified RAM this time. Live & learn.
Tom

    (original post follows)