[iBook] ram follow up

David Harris dmichaelharris at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 18 17:58:28 PST 2004

On Nov 18, 2004, at 8:38 AM, DinkyBlah at aol.com wrote:

> So in doing more research i was told powerbook ram (pc2700) could also
> be
> used in an ibook so
> i''m even more confused as to which brand to buy since several
> companies make
> the same 512 chip just one is samsung one is generic or one is crucial
> one is
> kingmax etc...
>
> are they all basicly the same or?
>
> since pc2700 is faster then pc2100 is it advised to use the faster ram
> in an
> ibook?
>
> thanks for any and all help
>
> dylan

Hi:

My two-cents worth is that I've dealt with Kingston for my memory.  The
Apple tech guy I spoke with and his compatriot were impressed by the
very look of it.  I happen to see a link associated with memory and
they were it.  Both times (for two different iBooks) I received memory,
which I installed and have no problems, since.

Good luck, though, in whatever decision you make.

David