[iBook] Best of the Books??

Geoffrey Loeffler geoffrey at alaska.net
Tue Nov 23 23:08:59 PST 2004

Greetings
I would like to buy my wife a good iBook, they seem a bit difficult to
separate one model from the other.  I use the PBs so do not have much
experience with iBooks except by speed, so is speed the product line
identifier ?.  Not Pismo Ti Al as they use in the P.Bs

The current ones Apple is putting up on the Apple Refurb list, are some
pretty good deals. However; are these the ones that had the screen and
logic board problems or are they a second run of that model where Apple
really did FIX the problems of that line.

Is the current 1.2 /1.33/ 1.33 with superdrive a completely a new model
run then those effected by the recall-extended warranty, which ran into
the 2003 product year. Or as above the same architecture but different
materials to make it a good line to buy from as the bugs have been
really worked out. Or have they just put a band aide on and better to
wait for the next new line .

Not a heavy user, iTunes, book keeping and email, she is happy with her
G3 but need X to keep on same page as me for X
Thanks for the help
Geoff