[iBook] Re: Airport csrd slot

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Wed Nov 24 08:45:26 PST 2004

BG <briang113 at pacbell.net> asks:
>Looking for a little info, does anyone know if the airport card slot on
>an iBook 500 dual usb, is a  16 bit or 32 bit(cardbus).
>
>I did some searching for specs on the Apple website but did not find a
>definitive answer.
>
>I suspect it is 16 bit, but maybe not.
It's keyed as a CardBus (32 bit) slot, so will accept any PC card you
stick in. I do NOT know however if it's really a 32 bit slot or just
mascarades as one, Apple's provided zero public documentation. The 'Book
however will recognize puka AP cards, _and_ PC cards based on the same
chip set (eg: Lucent WaveLAN - 16 bit cards.)

Why do you ask BTW?

dan k

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700