[iBook] big iTunes collection

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Thu Nov 25 06:11:22 PST 2004

On 11/25/04 2:14 PM, "Angus Wallace" <angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au> wrote:

> When one connects an iPod to an iBook, iTunes automatically mounts the iPod
> within iTunes, and allows the playback of the music stored on the iPod, but
> through the computer speakers (i.e. the iPod is acting as an external HD).

If you set the iPod to manual updating...

> Is it possible to do this also with a generic external hard disk? Not sure
> where
> to look for this information..

Yes, but you first have to add the music on that hard disk to your iTunes
library. Then you can play it - I do that for some of my music, because I
don't have enough room on my iBook.

Kirk

                  Forthcoming book: iPod & iTunes Garage
      Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France