[iBook] Ibook won't Internet!

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Thu Nov 25 08:03:19 PST 2004

Check to see what your IP address is. I was having a similar issue with
my iBook and a Netgear WGR614.
Make sure it is within the range your router is assigning. You can also
access the router and check for attached devices to see if the iBook
MAC address is there.

It turns out I was getting a self assigned IP address, the easiest fix
seemed to be to go to Airport connection and select other type in the
ssid and password to reconnect.

I am assuming there is a WEP security issue with the Netgear and
Airport cards, if I turn off security on my router it works okay.

This is an intermittent problem for me 95% of the time no problems

Good luck
BG