[iBook] replacement harddrive suggestions

Jean-Paul Thuot jeanpaul at zhenwu.org
Sun Oct 10 17:24:44 PDT 2004

I have the same ibook as you, and when I went into an Apple dealer they
suggested an external firewire case with as fast an HD as you can
afford.  He said I could replace the internal HD, and go from 4200 (I
think) rpm to 5400, but with an external firewire setup I could use the
faster drives.

I haven't had the money to do it yet, but if you do go this way I'd
like to hear how it turns out.

Jean-Paul